Monday, March 12, 2012

Golden Hour

I can remember discussing napping schedules with my pediatrician during my son's early check-ups.  On numerous occasions she said that once he started taking longer naps, (1 - 2 1/2 hours), I would find I could get a lot done during these naps.  I thought to myself, what's the big deal with an hour or two?  How is that such a significant amount of time?  But after months of feeling tethered to baby-care tasks throughout each entire day, a 1-2 hour block suddenly seems like a golden hour...or two.  I am suddenly the wonder woman of single hour multitasking, accomplishing more within that one little nap than I might have done in an entire evening, in my pre-baby days.  It's amazing how a finite amount of time can stretch or shrink depending not only on whether you are enjoying yourself, but also on how you have been spending your time lately, and thus how precious that time has come to be.  Those little gifts of quiet time also give me time to think and to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment