Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Habits

I just started reading a book about habits: The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg.  I heard the author being interviewed on AirTalk, and what really caught my interest were the stories of people who made major changes in their lives after first changing a single habit.  It's an amazing thought, the idea that one could start a chain of improvements within oneself by taking advantage of the brain's penchant for efficiency (or laziness).  It may be well worth the effort of establishing a new habit to coerce yourself into regular exercise or healthier eating.  Perhaps I can find ways to create habits for myself to improve my frequently faulty memory.  This knowledge clarifies why shaking up the usual routine can get the brain fired up, revealing new solutions to old problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment