Monday, January 23, 2012

Welcome Home-ish

Fresh pattering rain outside the screen door behind
Wide open patio doors due to
Unusually mild January temperature as
Sweet Fox nuzzles close and naps on th'
Comfort of my own bed, my own blankets, my own room and
Notice the sweet fragrance of flora that
Always welcomes me back to Orange County

It's not verse, (I didn't count the meter) but an experiment in phrasing and editing.  I believe in editing.  First thin-sliced impressions are useful tools; reflection and editing are also necessary to accomplish goals.  The choices depend on the effect I want. 

Fresh pattering rain outside the screen
Behind the wide open patio door
With thanks due to the mild January weather
As my sweet little Fox nuzzles close and naps
In the comfort of my own bed, my own pillow, my own room
And I notice the sweet fragrance of the flora
That always welcomes me back to Orange County.
Small things make tough transitions easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment